Apple has announced the winners of the 2022 App Store Awards.
The App Store Awards are announced by Apple at the end of each year, something the company has done for over a decade to recognize outstanding apps and app developers of the nearly 2 million apps that dot the App Store and which are accessed by over half a billion people in all corners of the world every week.
“This year’s winners represent the abundant possibilities across the App Store and Apple’s ecosystem of devices,” the company says in a statement.
These are the winners:
- iPhone App of the Year: BeReal
- iPad App of the Year: GoodNotes 5
- Mac App of the Year: MacFamilyTree 10
- Apple TV App of the Year: ViX
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Gentler Streak
- iPhone Game of the Year: Apex Legends
- iPad Game of the Year: MonCage
- Mac Game of the Year: Inscryption
- Apple TV Game of the Year: El Hijo
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Wylde Flowers
- China Game of the Year: League of Legends Esports Manager
There are also what Apple is calling “Cultural Impact Winners”. These are described as apps and games “that have made a lasting impact on people’s lives and influenced culture”. Those getting this recognition from Apple as selected by the App Store editors are:
- How We Feel
- Dot’s Home
- Locket Widget
- Waterllama, and,
- Inua – A Story in Ice and Time